Thunder has faced playoff adversity before now
Oklahoma City wins Thursday at home, and it's a new series.
Near the end of his news conference, Scott Brooks gave what for him amounts to a rally cry.
Remember the Lakers series.
Of course, he didn't exactly say that. But close.
Videoview all videos
May 30Kevin Durant scored 31 points, but OKC trailed the entire...
May 30Darnell Mayberry and John Rohde break down San Antonio's...
Photoview all 34 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Remember it? Remember the Thunder's maiden postseason voyage to Los Angeles, when they came home down 0-2 to a championship-caliber team following one game they let get away from them in the end and another they played from behind all the way?
Sounds familiar, doesn't it.
The Thunder's coach thinks so. He even evoked memories of the 2010 Thunder-Lakers series here Tuesday night following Oklahoma City's 120-111 loss to the Spurs.
“We've been in this situation before with this group once before,” Brooks said. “We've had some history with this.”
A quick refresher: That Thunder team got overpowered inside in Game 1, trailing by as much as 17 points before falling 87-79. In Game 2 the Thunder made Kobe Bryant and Co. sweat out a 95-92.
Then it came home to give Oklahoma City two of the wildest nights of basketball its ever seen and even the series at 2-2. Deep in even the biggest Thunder fans' heart, the outcome of that series was sealed by those two losses in Los Angeles. But the Thunder made it a series, and came without a missed box out and Pau Gasol's tip-in of forcing a Game 7 in Los Angeles.
Fast forward to late Tuesday night, and this are the same and different.
Same because the pattern holds in this series. Game 1 was a nail-bitter the Spurs had to pull out late. Game 2 was theirs from start to finish, but not without some anxious moments.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday