Oklahoma among “most Christian” states
Religious census conducted by the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies has Oklahoma among the top five of “most Christian” states.
Perhaps no one is too surprised that Oklahoma is at the top of a list of “most Christian” states.
This distinction is among the findings in the U.S. Religion Census 2010 recently released by the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies.
In the census, Oklahoma is No. 5 of the “most Christian” states, with 58,598 Christians per 100,000 people. Oklahoma is preceded, in order, by Utah, which tops the list, and North Dakota, Alabama and Louisiana. The five states rounding out the remainder of the top 10, are Mississippi, South Dakota, Minnesota, Massachusetts and Arkansas.
While I wasn't shocked about these findings, I thought there were many other statistics that were interesting:
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?