BY THE NUMBERS
The state Board of Education voted Tuesday on student appeals to graduate despite not passing state-mandated end-of-instruction exams. Here's what was decided:
• 1 student was given a waiver from meeting the state testing requirements. The student is from Broken Arrow. The reason for the waiver was not disclosed.
• 1 student was given a waiver for being accepted into a selective university. The student is from Broken Arrow.
• 1 student's waiver request was postponed until the June 28 meeting. The student is from Oklahoma City.
• 7 students were denied waivers: four from Broken Arrow, two from Tulsa and one from Wagoner.
• 16 students' waiver requests were dismissed. The requests were dismissed because students met the graduation requirements, didn't have enough credits to graduate in the first place or other conditions. One of those students is from Catoosa, and the other 15 are from Broken Arrow.