Thunder-Spurs Remote Patrol: TNT analysts pick Thunder to win world championship
Steve Kerr: “I would give Oklahoma City a pretty good advantage over either team. This is just a terrifically talented team, and I think they are well-equipped to go on and win the NBA championship.”
The Oklahoma City Thunder's four-game winning streak in the Western Conference finals made believers out of TNT's game and studio commentators. Game analyst Steve Kerr even has picked the Thunder to win its first NBA championship.
Videoview all videos
Jun 7ESPN or TNT for NBA coverage? Berry Tramel and Jenni...
Jun 7Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson answer reader emails,...
Jun 7Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson go five topics in five...
Jun 7Kevin Durant had 34 points and 14 rebounds, as OKC...
Jun 7Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson recap OKC's thrilling...
Photoview all 96 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I would give Oklahoma City a pretty good advantage over either team,” Kerr said of the Boston Celtics or Miami Heat. “This is just a terrifically talented team, and I think they are well-equipped to go on and win the NBA championship.”
On the postgame show, Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal also picked the Thunder in the finals, although they weren't as adamant in their choice as Kerr.
“They are going to be tough to beat,” Barkley said. “Their big guys lock down the lane.”
Although the Spurs blew a 15-point halftime lead, Kerr said the Thunder deserved the credit for the second-half turnaround.
“I feel like Oklahoma City took it,” Kerr said. “They just overpowered them with their youth and their athleticism and a heavy dose of Kevin Durant.”
Late in the fourth quarter, Miller gushed, “This was a great atmosphere. I hope America and the nation embraces this young team.”
Kerr admitted that he, like Barkley, picked the Spurs to win the series because of their experience, but “I don't know if we've ever seen a 23-year-old like Kevin Durant. His performance throughout the series was just ridiculous.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers