Closing Thunder Alley over-reaction to troubled kid's choice of entertainment
Regarding “Suspect in Bricktown shooting had history of violence at home” (News, June 3): So one 16-year-old from a troubled family strolled a couple of blocks away from Thunder Alley, shot into a crowd and suddenly Chicken Little rules in Oklahoma City! Really?
NewsOK Related Articles
It appears from media reports the shooting victims weren't present in Thunder Alley when they were injured, but were several blocks away. Why would thousands of people who thoroughly enjoyed making our NBA team the focus of their enthusiasm and loyalty have to fold their tents and return home because of one high school dropout who chose thuggery as entertainment?
Janie Deering Sylvester, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister