Three killed in two accidents on I-35 near Purcell
Three people, two pedestrians and passenger on a motorcycle, were killed Saturday in two separate, but related accidents on Interstate 35 in Oklahoma.
PURCELL — Three people were killed Saturday in two accidents on Interstate 35, authorities said.
Two pedestrians were struck by vehicle about 9:30 a.m.on the northbound side of the road at mile marker 102, which caused traffic to back up for miles on the highway.
At mile marker 98 about 10:30 a.m., a motorcyclist swerved to avoid backed-up traffic and struck the cable barrier. A female passenger on a motorcycle was killed .
The motorcyclist was taken by helicopter to an Oklahoma City hospital.
The names of the victims were not immediately available.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims