OKC RedHawks: Mike Hessman homers, Jimmy Paredes adds four hits in RedHawks win
Oklahoma City trims Zephyrs 10-7. The series wraps up with an 11:30 a.m. game Wednesday in New Orleans.
NEW ORLEANS — Mike Hessman hit another homer, and Jimmy Paredes collected four hits as the Oklahoma City RedHawks beat New Orleans 10-7 Tuesday night in Pacific Coast League baseball.
A crowd of 2,997 at Zephyrs Field watched New Orleans recover from a 4-0 deficit with a five-run third inning, but the RedHawks' potent batting order hammered out six more runs over the fifth, sixth and seventh innings. New Orleans scored twice in the bottom of the sixth inning, before relievers Mickey Storey and Fernando Abad blanked the Zephyrs the final three innings on two hits and a walk.
Hessman mashed his 18th homer of the season, a second-inning shot that gave OKC a 1-0 lead. Paredes singled and scored in the Hawks' three-run third inning. He finished with four hits in five at bats, raising his batting average to .333. Paredes, Hessman and J.B. Shuck each finished with two RBIs as first-place Oklahoma City improved to 39-26.
Kevin Mattison and Nick Green homered for New Orleans (33-32). Green's two-run homer came during the Zephyrs' five-run third inning.
The series wraps up with an 11:30 a.m. game Wednesday. Wes Musick (1-1, 3.80 ERA) is the scheduled starter for the RedHawks. Alex Sanabia (4-4, 3.48) will throw for New Orleans.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in