College football: Ranking the nonconference schedules
For the most part, college football scheduling has lost its teeth. Berry Tramel takes a look at the nonconference schedules of each of the major conference schools.
In 1983, just 29 short years ago, Alabama's nonconference football schedule included Penn State, Georgia Tech, Boston College and Southern Miss.
That same year, OU's nonconference schedule included Ohio State, Texas and Stanford. UCLA's included Georgia, Nebraska and Brigham Young.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister