NBA Finals Q&A: Heat's Erik Spoelstra says 'We've been knocked down to the canvas several times'
Spoelstra credited his players for staying focused, managing emotions late in the game to beat Oklahoma City
Coach Erik Spoelstra's Miami Heat overcame a 10-point deficit late in the third quarter to take a 2-1 advantage against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA Finals. He credited his players for staying focused and managing their emotions late in the game to earn a 91-85 victory Sunday night at American Airlines Arena.
Videoview all videos
Jun 18Kevin Durant once again got into foul trouble, and Miami...
Jun 18Darnell Mayberry and Berry Tramel examine the key reasons...
Photoview all 96 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Question: Your team shot 37 percent from the floor. Do you expect to continue to win games this way?
Answer: “I think what we focus on is every game is a different challenge, and you have to find ways to put yourself in position to win, and you have to have a resourcefulness, and it's not always going to go according to play. This playoff run that we've been on, we've been knocked down to the canvas several times. We got down by 10 tonight, but our guys furrowed their brows ... and let's get back to grinding and get this thing closer.”
How did your guys recapture the momentum after trailing late in the third quarter?
“Just staying the course. I think we got fouled on a couple 3s. We were able to get enough defensive stops to give us some confidence.”
When the game is on the line, who do you want shooting the ball?
“Whoever is open. Typically that's going to be Dwyane or LeBron breaking to the ball.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in