OKC RedHawks: Omaha wins second straight at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
The teams end the four-game series with an 11:05 a.m. game Tuesday.
Oklahoma City lost 7-4 to Omaha in Pacific Coast League baseball on Monday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. It was the second straight loss for the RedHawks, who dropped to 44-33.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
For the second straight night, Omaha jumped out early. First baseman Anthony Seratelli hit two home runs, one in the second inning and one in the fourth, staking the Storm Chasers to a 4-0 lead. Oklahoma City made some late noise, but that initial burst proved to be the difference.
It was over when …
Omaha designated hitter Clint Robinson drove a ninth-inning missile onto the lawn in center field. It was a two-run shot, as part of a three-run ninth that extended the Storm Chasers' lead to five, providing necessary cushion to finish a second straight road win.
OKC star of the game: Brett Wallace
Coming in, Oklahoma City's left-handed slugger had struggled against Omaha pitchers the past two games. Combined, Wallace was 0 for 8 with four strikeouts. But on Monday, he provided half the RedHawk offense with a two-run double in the fourth inning and a single in the ninth.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M