The Fourth of July means a lazy summer day spent under a warm sun with friends, barbecues and a sky ablaze with pretty fireworks. You can celebrate Independence Day sartorially too. Stars, stripes, tricolored frocks, floppy hats and cool shades are chic ways to accessorize the holiday.
1. Leave it to Vivienne Westwood to come up with an asymmetrical tricolor dress with a flattering cut appropriate for this holiday and every other day of the year. Her Anglomania Toga striped jersey dress ($430, Net-a-porter.com) is sure to spark some fireworks on its own.
2. The Haute Hippie American flag-print stretch-denim shorts ($195, Shopbop.com) feature a faded pattern for a vintage feel.
3. Throw your camera, sunglasses and essentials into the Totem Salvaged Appliqued cotton clutch ($275, Net-a-porter.com).
4. Make your stars and stripes really sparkle with the Dannijo Liberty collar necklace ($895, Dannijo.com).
5. The Converse Canvas low-top sneakers ($50, Net-a-porter.com) are great for casual parties. For a more elegant soiree, dress up in the Christian Louboutin Crepon 140 trompe l’oeil raffia wedge sandals ($535, Net-a-porter.com).
6. There’s really no reason your smartphone case shouldn’t be every bit as stylish as you are. The Vineyard Vines Patchwork iPhone Case ($38, Vineyardvines.com) features fun lobster and fish patterns.