Air quality alerts issued for seven Oklahoma counties
Clean air alerts have been issued in seven Oklahoma counties. Heat, high humidity and pollution have reduced air quality.
Seven Oklahoma counties are under a clean air alert Thursday, the National Weather Service reports.
Comanche County in southwest Oklahoma is one of the counties under the alert Thursday. In central Oklahoma, six counties, Oklahoma, Logan, Canadian, Cleveland, Pottawatomie and McClain are under an alert due to heat, high humidity and pollutants in the air. People with respiratory problems are urged to limit outdoor activities.
Burn bans have been issued for 23 counties in Oklahoma, restricting outdoor burning due to wildfire dangers, Oklahoma Forestry Services reports.
The Oklahoma City forecast is as follows:
Thursday: Sunny and hot with a high near 97. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
Thursday night: Partly cloudy with a low around 71. Light and variable wind becoming south southwest 5 to 8 mph after midnight.
Friday: Sunny with a high near 95. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable.
Friday night: Mostly clear with a low around 71. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light south southeast.
Saturday: Sunny and hot with a high near 97. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm.
Saturday night: Mostly clear with a low around 72.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with a high near 94.
Sunday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 72.
Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 96.
Monday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 74.
Tuesday Mostly sunny and hot with a high near 98.
Tuesday night: Partly cloudy with a low around 74.
Wednesday: Sunny and hot with a high near 97.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister