Long-married couple born in same hospital
Johnnie and Cheryl Overbay were born six hours part in Oklahoma City.
It could be said that Johnnie and Cheryl Overbay have been together since birth.
Johnnie was born the night of Feb. 1, 1945 at St. Anthony's Hospital in Oklahoma City. Six hours later on Feb. 2, Cheryl was born at St. Anthony's. The same Catholic nun signed both their birth certificates.
NewsOK Related Articles
They never lived more than 15 miles apart, but their second meeting was delayed until Cheryl's family moved to the south side of Oklahoma City. They officially met at U.S. Grant High School.
With parental blessing, they married July 3, 1962, with the understanding they had to finish high school.
The couple “really raised one another,” Johnnie said, “becoming best friends in the process.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in