Have you thought of a greyhound as a pet?
Hounds of the Heartland Greyhound Adoption is promoting its effort to find homes for these graceful animals.
The organization recently made a short commercial to boost greyhound adoption.
Once racing greyhounds are retired from the track, they need good homes, agency officials said. The new promotional video shows that with their excellent temperaments and gentle natures, greyhounds make wonderful family pets.
Greyhounds bark very little and are usually as friendly to strangers as they are with their own family. The most common misconception concerning greyhounds is that they are hyperactive.
The video is available for viewing on their website and on their YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/houndsoftheheartland.
About Hounds of the Heartland: Hounds of the Heartland of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma is a non-profit humane greyhound adoption organization dedicated to finding loving, responsible homes for both retired racing greyhounds that can no longer compete and for young greyhounds not placed on the racetrack.
Our aim is to let the public know what excellent, loving pets these noble dogs make. Information about greyhound adoption is available on our website at www.greyhoundpetsok.org. We are an incorporated, 501-(c)(3) not for profit group under the national direction of Greyhound Pets of America.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated