Buddha Mind Vegetarian Festival planned
Buddha Mind Monastery will have a vegetarian festival Saturday and Sunday, July 21 and 22, to promote vegetarianism.
The festival is designed to promote vegetarianism by demonstrating the benefits of a vegetarian diet and discovering a variety of methods to prepare and display nutritious, fulfilling vegetarian meals, organizers said.
The event will be at the monastery, 5916 S Anderson Road.
On the first day of the festival, presenters will demonstrate how to make vegetarian dishes, how to successfully order vegetarian food in restaurants and how to economically shop for vegetarian substitutes in local markets.
On the second day, the monastery will host a "Veggie-Joy" cook off, followed by an international vegetarian buffet. Presenters will include the owner of Grand House Restaurant and a locally famous vegetarian chef from Houston.
For additional information, call 869-0501, or visit firstname.lastname@example.org or www.buddhamind.org.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense