Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe wants U.S. Navy to detail costs of Green Fleet exercise
Senator, upset about the price of biofuels used in a demonstration exercise in the Pacific, asks the Navy secretary to give him the cost for the entire event, including the hats and T-shirts.
WASHINGTON — Sen. Jim Inhofe, an outspoken critic of the U.S. military’s use of biofuels, asked the secretary of the U.S. Navy on Wednesday to detail the costs of a demonstration in the Pacific last week of a carrier strike group burning a mix of traditional and biofuels.
Inhofe, R-Tulsa, a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, asked Navy Secretary Ray Mabus to list numerous costs associated with the exercise, down to the price of the green hats...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures