October hearing set for 2 charged in Oklahoma child porn case
SHAWNEE (AP) — A former third-grade teacher and an ex-college professor accused of sexually exploiting schoolgirls are due back in Pottawatomie County District Court on Oct. 2.
Photoview all 12 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Former McCloud teacher Kimberly Crain of Shawnee and retired professor Gary Doby of Bloomsburg, Pa., were in court Tuesday. A judge was set to schedule a trial date for both but each waived their right to a speedy trial.
Prosecutors allege the 49-year-old Crain took photos of as many as 14 young girls while they changed clothes in her classroom and at her home, then shared the images with 66-year-old Doby.
Prosecutors also allege the girls were videotaped naked while changing clothes.
Doby's attorney, Karen Byars, says she does not expect either defendant to go to trial before January.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater