AT A GLANCE
Parole Board recommendations
The general counsel for the state Pardon and Parole Board is proposing these recommendations to provide more openness to the parole and commutation process:
• Implement a separate commutation docket for all cases being commuted.
• Ensure investigative reports are accurate and complete.
• Evaluate the risk assessment procedure used by the board.
• Clarify the board's parole and commutation process for the public, such as updating information on the board's website to explain early review and instances when a commutation might occur.
• Add a statement on the board's website to remind victims, district attorneys, offenders and offenders' families of their responsibility to forward protest or support information to the governor's office if the board recommends a case for approval.
• Create email accounts for board members to increase availability, efficiency and coordination.
• Continue to provide the District Attorneys Council with notice of all cases listed on the board's docket.
• Simplify the District Attorneys Council's ability to search board dockets by organizing cases based upon where they are in the process.
• Simplify the searchable database online to allow the public to use one central search engine to locate which docket an offender's case is placed on.