A boulevard through downtown OKC could be great for all
I know many seniors who won't drive the interstate to cross Oklahoma City. They use Reno, 36th or 63rd streets depending on which part of the city they need to reach. A new boulevard following the path of the old overhead highway would be great for all of us. I miss seeing the beautiful skyline of downtown at night; a broad boulevard through downtown would help to handle so much of the traffic before and after events in the area.
NewsOK Related Articles
I propose a grand boulevard with broad, landscaped lawns paralleling it. Beyond the green areas would be apartments, business zones and condos. It would be a perfect backdrop for parades with room for temporary bleachers and parking. In deference to Oklahoma's heritage, there could be spots along the way for dedicated homage to our Native Americans, the 45th Infantry Division and great Oklahomans such as Gordon Cooper, Jim Thorpe and our men and women who served in wars. A great name for such a great street could be “Oklahoma Promenade” because it would represent all of our state and will belong to us all.
Leo Kuschnereit, Midwest City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction