Michele Smith to be analyst on TBS' baseball game
Former Oklahoma State softball standout will work with Ernie Johnson and John Smoltz on Dodgers-Braves telecast Sunday
Two-time Olympic softball gold medalist Michele Smith will be an analyst on TBS' Sunday baseball game as the Atlanta Braves host the Los Angeles Dodgers at 12:30 p.m. Sunday. Smith, a former Oklahoma State standout, will join Ernie Johnson and John Smoltz in the booth for the entire game.
Smith, who also serves as an ESPN softball analyst, pitched to TNT analyst Charles Barkley in Oklahoma City during the NBA Western Conference Finals. Barkley managed only a few weak foul balls for the segment that aired on the TNT pregame show.
— The defending national champion Baylor women's basketball team will make two appearances against potential top-10 teams on ESPN2's ”Big Monday” schedule: at Connecticut on Feb. 18 and at Oklahoma on Feb. 25.
— ESPN football analyst Jon Gruden, who turned 49 on Friday, is profiled on the next edition of HBO's “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel,” which debuts at 8 p.m. Tuesday. Going to work at 4 a.m. each day, Gruden watches hours of game and practice film. His dedication to his new profession has paid off with a recent five-year extension and a broadcasting portfolio that includes the series “Jon Gruden's QB Camp.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments