An Oklahoma City woman is fighting for a better life through education
Tina Roberts wants her kids to chase their dreams through education. She wants to go to college some day. But that life is on hold until she erases the tag: functionally illiterate.
It's homework time at the Roberts household and sheets of paper from a pink binder are scattered across the kitchen table. Tina Roberts, a mother of four, sits with her oldest daughter, Chasidy, to go over spelling and math problems.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
But the work isn't for Chasidy. It's for Mom.
They chuckle together as Chasidy goes over Mom's answers: “Momma, uh-uh, that's wrong. You gotta do this right. This isn't right.”...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister