Three to be honored Saturday at Courage Awards in Oklahoma City
John Waldenville, Dana Howard and Boston Tracy will be honored during a ceremony at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City.
John Waldenville is one of three people who will be honored Saturday as recipients of the 2012 Jim Thorpe Courage Awards.
The others are Dana Howard and Boston Tracy.
Videoview all videos
Mar 22Keonta Prince, 20, pleaded guilty in the 2011 attack on...
Dec 14Keonta Prince pleaded guilty to criminal charges Friday...
Dec 8Christopher T. Baker found guilty of shooting and robbing...
Dec 4Christopher Travis Baker is on trial accused of shooting...
Oct 19A former Cattlemen's Steakhouse employee accused in the...
Photoview all 11 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Howard, 45, recently received arm prostheses and soon will be fitted with leg prostheses after losing all her limbs to an infection in November 2011.
Tracy, 20, is a former University of Central Oklahoma student who suffered traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures after pushing his two friends out of the way of a drunken driver in February 2011, reserving the brunt of the impact for himself.
This year's event will mark a milestone for the center and a former patient, May Beth Davis, who will demonstrate how she is overcoming permanent paralysis from the shoulders down with a bionic suit.
Formerly wheelchair-bound, Davis will walk across the stage at the event.
The presentation starts at 7:30 p.m. at National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, 1700 NE 63.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena