Oklahoma State football: Grading the Cowboys' rout of Savannah State
Hard to find much to complain about in Oklahoma State's 84-0 rout of Savannah State. The young guys were outstanding for the Cowboys. Same for the reserves and the crowd. Here's our report card for the game:
Videoview all videos
Sep 2Highlights and interviews from the blowout in Stillwater....
Sep 2Gina Mizell and Jenni Carlson talk about the debut of...
Photoview all 43 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
WES LUNT: A
The true freshman looked like a veteran in his debut. He completed every pass he threw, going 11 for 11 for 129 yards, and led the Cowboys on touchdown drives every possession he was in the game.
Against a team that was clearly inferior, the Cowboys still played a clean game. They turned the ball over twice and committed only four penalties. Missed tackles were nonexistent, and dropped passes were few. It takes a mature team to play clean when the opponent is as bad as Savannah State is.
A blast from the past. The Cowboys went with white helmets, orange jerseys and white pants, the combination they wore regularly before last season's uniform upgrades. Ironically, though, it was a combination OSU didn't wear last season.
OFFENSIVE PACE: A
When the first teamers were in the game, the Cowboys were quick to the line of scrimmage and quick off the ball. Hard to tell with the naked eye if they moved as fast as the OSU offense did a year ago, but even if they didn't, they were still moving at a good clip.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims