WHAT TO ASK
Oklahoma A+ Schools has published a list of suggested questions for parents to ask teachers during parent-teacher conferences this fall.
1. From your perspective, does he/she enjoy school?
2. Does he/she seem curious?
3. How can I help you to know him/her?
4. When given the choice, what does he/she choose to learn?
5. How does he/she deal with transitions or changes in the schedule?
6. How does he/she act when his/her behavior is corrected or redirected?
7. What does he/she talk to you about?
8. In a group setting, what role does he/she take on?
9. Is he/she confident about school? Is he/she confident in his/her abilities?
10. How does he/she express himself/herself best?
11. Does he/she demonstrate empathy?
12. What kinds of questions does he/she ask in class?