Oklahoma football: Roy Finch working to earn more playing time
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey, Stephanie Kuzydym, Jenni Carlson and Mike Sherman provided live coverage from OU football's weekly press conference today. It followed the Sooners' 69-13 win over Florida A&M. The Sooners take on Kansas State on Sept. 22 in Norman.
University of Oklahoma offensive coordinator Josh Heupel said running back/slot receiver Roy Finch is working to earn more playing time.
"We all know what type of talent Roy is.....ultimately, we are asking all of our guys to buy in," said Heupel, who was filling in at the weekly press conference for Sooners coach Bob Stoops who was at a funeral.
Finch saw his first substantial playing time of the season Saturday in the Sooners 69-13 win over Florida A&M. He had five carries for 50 yards and a touchdown.
Here is a look at what else Heupel, co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell and defensive coordinator Mike Stoops had to say on Monday:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims