Get App-y: Organize your travel
Get App-y: TripIt Travel Organizer can help keep all your travel details in one place.
If you are planning a trip or you travel frequently, a helpful mobile application and connected website can keep both your flights and activities organized. It also lets you share your itinerary with others who need your trip details.
The TripIt Travel Organizer apps are available for your iPhone and iPad, BlackBerry, Android device on the Google Play Market and Windows Mobile phone. There's a free version with ads (without ads if you've already paid for a year's membership) and a $3.99 version without ads.
The TripIt pro version is popular among frequent fliers who need to keep track of their flight and other details as they fly in and out of different cities. For a $49 annual subscription, you can get alerts sent to your phone about flight delays and cancellations, get refunds, track your frequent travel information and receive other benefits.
But the free version has all kinds of tools to help you plan a trip and stay on top of things, too.
Any details you add while you're logged on any device — the computer or a mobile one — automatically sync with the rest of them, so you can enter information on a computer and see it on your iPhone, for example.
I recently used the pro version, provided by TripIt, on a trip to Washington, D.C., and loved having all my flights and tour information in one place, as well as maps to our planned tourist attractions.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort