UPDATE: Thunderstorms with lightning moving across central Oklahoma Thursday
Thunderstoms are moving across central Oklahoma Thursday. Chances for rain continue through Sunday.
11:30 a.m. Widespread thunderstorms are moving eastward from southwest Oklahoma across central Oklahoma with high wind gusts possible, the National Weather Service reports. Cloud to ground lightning is occurring in storms capable of dumping up to Â½ inch of rain an hour. Gusts could be up to 40 mph. Showers are likely to continue throughout the day.
Videoview all videos
Sep 13Widespread showers, along with scattered thunderstorms,...
5:50 a.m. Rain chances have moved into Oklahoma Thursday and will hang around through the weekend, the National Weather Service reports.
Chances for rain in central Oklahoma start at 10 a.m. Thursday with showers and thunderstorms likely. There is a 60 percent chance for rain Thursday and a 70 percent chance for rain Thursday night.
The forecast from the National Weather Service for central Oklahoma is as follows:
Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 10 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 76. North wind 13 to 15 mph with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
Thursday night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy with a low around 59. North wind 11 to 18 mph with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in