Oklahoma State Fair begins with food fight
Heavy rains can’t slow down the Oklahoma State Fair’s annual Great Taste of the Fair contest.
The Oklahoma State Fair did the two things Thursday that it does best on opening day: introduce deep-fried foods dappled in chocolate, bacon — or both — on a stick, and bring the rain.
As it has for the past three years, the Great Taste of a Fair contest opened the 11-day event. Seventeen of the dozens of fair food vendors put forth their best dish to a panel of eight judges,...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena