Hearing set for Oklahoma man accused in deaths of 5
EL RENO, Okla. — A hearing has been scheduled for an Oklahoma man set to go to trial Monday in the 2009 deaths of his ex-girlfriend and her four children.
EL RENO — A hearing has been scheduled for an Oklahoma man set to go to trial Monday in the 2009 deaths of his ex-girlfriend and her four children.
NewsOK Related Articles
Friday's hearing for 29-year-old Joshua Durcho was announced in an email Thursday afternoon from the prosecutor, Canadian County Assistant District Attorney Paul Hesse. The email did not describe the nature of the hearing and Hesse did not return a telephone call from The Associated Press seeking comment.
Durcho is charged with five counts of first-degree murder for the deaths of 25-year-old Summer Rust and her children — 3-year-old Evynn Garas, 4-year-old Teagin Rust and 7-year-old daughters Kirsten and Autumn Rust — in the family's El Reno apartment.
All of the victims were strangled.
Durcho has pleaded not guilty. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister