Maple whiskey glazed carrots
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
¼ cup whiskey
2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into rounds or thin sticks
• In a small saucepan over medium, combine mustard, salt, black pepper, maple syrup, garlic and rosemary. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
• Remove the pan from the heat, and slowly stir in the whiskey.
• Return the pan to the heat, and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until thick and syrupy. Set aside but keep in a warm place.
• Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the carrots and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
• Drain carrots and return to the saucepan. Add the glaze and toss gently to coat.
Source: Associated Press