Oklahoma City University awarded military-friendly school title
A media entity for military personnel transitioning into civilian life has named Oklahoma City University to the coveted Military Friendly Schools list.
The 2013 Military Friendly Schools list by Victory Media honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
“Inclusion on the 2013 list of Military Friendly Schools shows Oklahoma City University’s commitment to providing a supportive environment for military students,” said Sean Collins, director for G.I. Jobs and vice president at Victory Media.
“As interest in education grows we’re thrilled to provide the military community with transparent, world-class resources to assist in their search for schools.”
Chuck Flint, OCU’s coordinator of military admissions and affairs, said the designation is evidence of the university’s goal of helping students obtain a first-class education.
“Those who serve our country with honor deserve a chance at the best educational opportunities available,” Flint said. “We’re happy to help them with their educational needs, and proud that a media voice of these students has recognized our commitment.”
Now in its fourth year, the 2013 list of Military Friendly Schools was compiled through extensive research and a data-driven survey of more than 12,000 VA-approved schools nationwide. The survey tabulation process, methodology and weightings that comprise the 2013 list were independently verified by Ernst and Young LLP.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15772Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12083Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10914OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9909Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9575Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8649Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8648Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated