Possible I-40 vehicle shootings prompt interviews
No one has been arrested in connection with two possible shootings of vehicles along Interstate 40. But Canadian County law officers are talking to a few people about the incidents, an investigator said.
EL RENO — An investigator from the Canadian County Sheriff's office said Friday there are a few persons of interest to be interviewed in the reported shootings of two vehicles in western Canadian County on Interstate 40.
No one was injured, but two men have told authorities they think someone took shots at their vehicles while they were traveling on I-40 near Methodist Road about 9 miles northeast of Hinton on Wednesday, sheriff's Capt. Kevin Ward said.
“We have some folks of interest,” Ward said Friday. “But we don't have any suspects. We're going to be doing some legwork.”
A man from Louisiana said the passenger-side window of his pickup was shattered about 10 a.m. Wednesday as he was driving west on I-40. Then, about 3 p.m., a Bethany man driving east on I-40 in the same area said his back windshield was shattered after he hear a “thump,” Ward said. Anyone with information can call the Canadian County Sheriff's office at 262-3434.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 80469Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30097Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29530Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 25550Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7945Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7267Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7260Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday