Big 12 football: Kansas has Northern Illinois on upset alert
The Charlie Weis era at Kansas is not off to a great start. The 1-2 Jayhawks lost at home to Rice, and now KU is a 9 1/2-point underdog at Northern Illinois.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Mid-American Conference is its usual pesky self. Ohio won at Penn State and Ball State beat Indiana. Northern Illinois lost 18-17 to Iowa in Chicago. Toledo took Arizona to overtime in the desert before losing 24-17.
But there is great pressure on MAC teams to produce when they have a chance to win, such as last year in Lawrence, when Kansas beat Northern Illinois 45-42.
KU played tough last week, losing 20-6 at home to Texas Christian. At Northern Illinois, let's go with Kansas in the upset.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit