Stephanie Kuzydym: Suspended players not likely to be reinstated soon
The Oklahoman's Stephanie Kuzydym took questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. Participate in our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports. Read the entire chat recap here.
If OU struggles in the passing game, will Stoops quickly put an end to Jaz Reynolds suspension?
I doubt it. Stoops doesn't seem to keen on reinstating any of the suspended anytime soon. My guess is that each of them will serve at least a five game suspension. That's a hefty suspension but not too deep into Big 12 play. Also, as a player, how would you like your coach running to the suspended players on the first sign of struggles? If I were Kenny Stills, I'd be asking what's up. Stoops has made it quite clear that Stills has really stepped up to being a leader and Justin Brown is all business. You have those two plus you're easing in true freshman Trey Metoyer? That's a solid receiving line - then you also have LaColtan Bester then Sterling Shepard and Durron Neal? Nope. Stoops will stick with what he has despite the struggles. If anything was a struggle for that part of the game, it was at the end of last season.
Steph, Do you guys get frustrated with Coach Stoops? I thought the way he answered the Roy Finch question 3 weeks ago was chippy. (See Lane Kiffin). He is too good to be that small. I wish he would embrace the media process more. It was a legitimate question that was on most people's minds.
Guest. Yes, we get frustrated with Coach Stoops and Coach Stoops gets frustrated with us. Just because he's a coach and just because we're media doesn't make us any different than any other job of people working together - ours just incorporates a lot of different personalities from a lot of different outlets. I would agree with you, his response to the Roy Finch question was short.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims