High school football: QB Jacob Lewis passes for 324 yards, runs for 172 as McGuinness rolls past El Reno
The Fighting Irish have a 42-point lead at halftime, finishes game with a 52-0 victory over El Reno
Bishop McGuinness has piled up the points and the victories so far this football season.
McGuinness added a district win, 52-0 over El Reno on Friday, at Clement Pribil Stadium. McGuinness moved to 4-0 overall and 1-0 in District 5A-2.
Photoview all 38 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
McGuinness has outscored opponents 160-30 along the way — an average score of 40-8. McGuinness racked up 631 yards and 23 first downs while holding El Reno (1-3, 0-1) to 129 yards and seven first downs.
“It was a great offensive output,” McGuinness coach Justin Jones said. “We did it a variety of ways running and passing. We had great balance. I'm proud of the offensive guys, the defensive guys, the special teams — we did it all three phases.”
McGuinness threw for 376 yards; starting quarterback Jacob Lewis connected on 18 of his 29 attempts for 324 yards and three scores. The 6-foot-3, 198-pound junior added 172 yards rushing, all in the first half on eight tries. Cody Chancellor caught six passes from Lewis for 197 yards.
“We've worked together extra after practice,” Lewis said of he and Chancellor. “He has the best hands in 5A. He's explosive. He ran a 4.5 40 in summer workouts.”
Jones said: “Cody is a warrior. He is in my opinion one of the best receivers in our class. He is a workhorse.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister