Oklahoma State football: Coach Mike Gundy thinks QB Wes Lunt will practice this week
The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson, Gina Mizell, John Helsley and Anthony Slater are providing live coverage of today's press conference at OSU. It follows a bye week for the Cowboys. OSU takes on Texas in Stillwater on Friday at 6:50 P.M.
Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said he thinks injured quarterback Wes Lunt will practice at some point this week.
Addressing the media at his weekly press conference, Gundy said the cast on Lunt's left leg was being removed today, but he wouldn't say if the true freshman would play on Saturday vs. Texas.
"I don't think he'll be out there practicing on Tuesday," Gundy said, "but we're excited about what we're hearing.
Lunt injured his left leg on the Cowboys sixth offensive snap against La. Lafayette on Sept. 15. He was replaced by redshirt freshman J.W. Walsh, who had a big game with 347 yards and four touchdowns through the air and 73 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown.
Here is a look at what else Gundy had to say on Monday:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
Videoview all videos
Sep 25Will Lunt be ready to go for the Cowboys' first Big 12...
Sep 25Texas is a top-ten team, but just how good is Mack...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments