Tinker airman enters plea in child abuse case, faces possible life sentence
Gabriel B. Solis, 31, of Del City, a Tinker airman, maintains his innocence with Alford plea. He and his wife were caring for 1-year-old boy hospitalized with multiple injuries in 2010.
A Tinker Air Force Base airman accused of beating a 1-year-old boy left in his care entered a plea in the case Monday and avoided trial.
Gabriel Brian Solis, 31, of Del City, entered an Alford plea before Oklahoma County District Judge Cindy Truong.
Under an Alford plea, a defendant accepts a sentence for a crime while still asserting innocence.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister