Entries sought for Veterans Day Parade in Midwest City
MIDWEST CITY -- The City of Midwest City, along with the Midwest City Chamber of Commerce are seeking entrees to participate in the upcoming Veteran’s Day Parade, entitled Where Patriotism Lives, to be held on Nov. 12.
The parade will begin at 10 a.m. and will commence at SE 15 and Century Boulevard, travel east to Douglas Boulevard, north to Reno Avenue and west to Morris McGee Drive, located in the Joe B. Barnes Regional Park. Walking and driving entrees are encouraged to participate.
Event co-organizer, Bonnie Cheatwood, Executive Director of the MWC Chamber of Commerce said the purpose of the parade is to honor all of those who have served or are currently serving our country. “This event is a way that we can say thank you to all the men and women who protect us and have been a part of our community and Tinker Air Force Base,” Cheatwood said.
If your business or organization is interested in participating in the parade, you may go to www.midwestcityok.org/ mwc-to-host-veterans-day-parade1 to download the parade participation forms.
For additional information, please contact the MWC Parks & Recreation Department at 739.1293.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister