5th Annual Heels for Hope race will be Oct. 6
The Heels for Hope foundation is putting on their stilettos for the fifth annual Heels for Hope 5K race, one-mile walk and 25-yard high heel and feather boa dash.
The dash begins at 9 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 6, at the Oklahoma River Trail in Regatta Park. The shot gun for the run and walk at 9:10 a.m.
Racers can pre-register online by October 3 at www.heelsforhope.com. Mailed entries must be post-parked Oct. 2. Registration will be available at 7:30 a.m. the day of the race.
“The Heels for Hope race is a fun way to raise awareness for ovarian cancer,” said Jeannie Gardner, chair of the Heels for Hope Foundation board. “This event has grown year after year and we hope that as the race grows so does awareness for the cause.”
One in 58 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer in their lifetime but because there is not yet a dependable early detection test, most cases are diagnosed at an advanced stage with a survival rate of less than 50 percent.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister