Jones Old Timers Day will include blood drive
JONES -- Blood donors can show their community and school spirit by donating with Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) Saturday, Oct. 6. Jones City Masons Lodge #537 is sponsoring a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Jones Old Timers Day on 101 W. Jones.
Each blood donor will receive the choice of a free University of Oklahoma or Oklahoma State University blood donor T-shirt and a chance to win a pair of tickets to the 2012 Bedlam football game.*
Oklahoma Blood Institute exclusively provides every drop of blood needed by patients in all hospitals in the metro-OKC area. Some 140 other medical facilities across the state rely solely on OBI donors to provide life-saving blood for their patients.
Any donor who prefers to support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals - locally, Children’s Hospital Foundation -- can forgo the T-shirt. In turn, Oklahoma Blood Institute will make a monetary donation of similar value to Children’s Hospital Foundation.
It’s a chance to "doubly give" to local children battling critical health conditions – through the life-saving gift of blood and support for pediatric medical research, community outreach and treatment initiatives.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims