Big 12 football: TCU coach Gary Patterson on the hot seat
TCU has lost to cross-Metroplex rival SMU just twice since 1998. But wow. What losses.
In 2005, the week after TCU upset OU, the Horned Frogs lost 21-10 at Southern Methodist. It was TCU's only loss in an eventual 11-1 season.
NewsOK Related Articles
In 2011, TCU lost 40-33 at home to SMU. The Frogs eventually finished 11-2.
TCU coach Gary Patterson was agitated after losing to the Mustangs last season, saying SMU could expect no favors from him again, regarding scheduling, conference realignment or anything else.
Within five days, the Big 12 invited TCU to join the league, and Patterson since has apologized to SMU and coach June Jones for his comments.
But Saturday, TCU plays at SMU. The Mustangs obviously are capable not only of beating really good TCU teams, but of getting under Patterson's skin.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'