Police-Community Partnership Day will be Oct. 6 in Norman
NORMAN -- Please join us for several great events 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 6. Everything will be held at the Norman Police Department, 201-B W Gray Street, directly south of Andrew’s Park.
The first event is a “Shred-A-Thon” in partnership with Absolute Data Shredding and Republic Bank and Trust. We hope disposing of documents by shredding will reduce resident’s chances of becoming victims of identity theft by keeping sensitive information out of the hands of criminals. Each resident can bring up to five boxes of items to shred at no charge and watch its destruction.
The second event is a Pharmaceutical Take-Back Program in partnership with the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. We encourage residents to properly dispose of unused and unneeded prescription drugs in an environmentally responsible way. Please do not bring syringes, liquids or inhalers.
The third one is an opportunity to drop off old or unwanted ammunition. The only restriction is no explosives.
The fourth event, which will be held on the west side of the police department, is a Car Seat Check-Up Event in partnership with Safe Kids Oklahoma and JD McCarty Center.
We will have a limited number of low-cost seats ($10) to give away to eligible families. In order to receive a seat, you will need to arrive in a vehicle, the child must be present and you will need documentation showing you are on state aid.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in