Oklahoma City Thunder Q&A: Guard DeAndre Liggins
Liggins, a No. 2 draft pick in 2011, played 17 games last season with the Orlando Magic.
On Sept. 12, the Thunder announced the signing of guard DeAndre Liggins to its training camp roster.
The 6-foot-6, 209-pound Liggins played 17 games last season with the Orlando Magic, averaging 1.9 points, 0.9 rebounds and 6.8 minutes.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 25 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
After playing three seasons at Kentucky, Liggins was selected in the second round (53rd overall) in the 2011 NBA Draft.
How did you end up getting a tryout with the Thunder?
“Orlando decided not to bring me back. OKC called my agent and said they liked me, liked the way I played and they were going to bring me down here and work me out. I worked out for a week. Two weeks later, I came back and I've been here since.”
What do you think the Thunder likes most about you?
“My defense mostly. That's why I'm in the league, because of my defense. I'm trying to become an improved jumper-shooter and a better ball-handler.”
What are your perceptions of the organization?
“First class. Not to say Orlando wasn't first class. I mean, everybody has their differences. First class meaning everybody gets treated the same way, no matter if you're DeAndre Liggins, Russell (Westbrook) or Kevin Durant. Everybody gets treated the same way. Everybody's accountable. That's what I like about this organization.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law