Oklahoma football: The Oklahoman picks Saturday's OU-Texas Tech game
Here is a look at how The Oklahoman's college football coverage crew picked Saturday's game:
BERRY TRAMEL, Columnist
Videoview all videos
Oct 4Jenni Carlson and Jason Kersey discuss OU's defensive...
Oct 4Berry and Jenni make their picks of the week: Washington...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
* Texas Tech 31, Oklahoma 28: Let's see. Before we knew Tech was better and OU was worse, this looked like a dicey game. So what else can you pick?
JENNI CARLSON, Columnist
* Oklahoma 34, Texas Tech 27: Yes, Texas Tech's defense is improved, but considering the poor quality of its opponents, I'm not sold on it being all that great, much less the best in the country.
JASON KERSEY, OU beat writer
* Oklahoma 30, Texas Tech 21: Just like last year, Seth Doege will strong-arm Tech to a halftime lead. This year, though, OU's second-half comeback will involve some defense.
STEPHANIE KUZYDYM, OU beat writer
* Oklahoma 48, Texas Tech 17: Landry Jones finds his groove and Damien Williams gets ample carries to avoid going 0-2 in conference play.
RYAN ABER, OU recruiting
Oklahoma 28, Texas Tech 24: It isn't perfect but the Sooners get the job done by relying more on the running game.
MIKE BALDWIN, Beat Baldwin
* Oklahoma 34, Texas Tech 31: Landry Jones must play well or it well be another loss in Lubbock.