High school football: Christian Heritage punches back, holds off bruising Dibble
CHA defense takes a pounding from Tazden Jevens, Dibble's 210-pound running back. But Crusaders quarterback Colton Lindsey and 6-foot-7 tight end Jacob Blair hook up for three touchdowns.
DEL CITY — It took an entire team effort and probably a lot of ice packs, but Christian Heritage Academy finally wore down a bruiser of a tailback on its way to a 34-20 win over Dibble in District 2A-2 game Friday night at Crusaders Field.
Photoview all 24 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Dibble's 210-pound Tazden Jevens manhandled his way through Crusader tacklers in the first half for 157 yards and three touchdowns. He delivered plenty of punishment to the smaller CHA players and gave the Demons an early 20-6 lead.
But the Crusaders kept hitting back. Before long, Jevens began to look at least somewhat stoppable, and CHA's spread attack offense began to catch fire.
Sparked by Micah Wilson's 26-yard run on a fake punt, Christian Heritage fired off 28 unanswered points. The duo of quarterback Colton Lindsey and 6-foot-7 tight end Jacob Blair connected on touchdown passes of 8, 6, and 7 yards.
As impressive as the scoring output was, it might not have mattered if the Christian Heritage defense hadn't slowed down Jevens, who finished with 229 yards on 29 carries. He limped off the field several times in the second half after getting dinged up.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister