Oklahoma high school students delve into election process
Moore High School government teacher Liz Butcher tells class members to study issues, form their own opinions.
As the presidential election inches closer, Moore High School students in Liz Butcher’s advanced placement government and politics classes are encouraged to study the issues and form their own opinions. In some cases, the students are straying from family tradition.
Before starting the school year, Joseph Kwak, 17, knew nothing about politics.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims