Grand Concert tonight at Oklahoma Christian University
Oklahoma Christian University’s Department of Music will present its 17th-annual Grand Concert at 7:30 p.m. tonight, Tuesday, Oct. 9, in OC’s Hardeman Auditorium. Admission is free.
The “sampler” concert features brief performances by the department’s major music ensembles: the Chorale, the Chamber Singers, the Chamber Orchestra, the Symphonic Band, and the Jazz Ensemble.
This will be the first Chorale performance for new director Kyle Pullen. Ken Adams retired in April after serving in that role for 40 years. Pullen also directs the Chamber singers.
Department of Music chair Kathy Thompson directs the Chamber Orchestra, John Fletcher directs the Symphonic Band, and Heath Jones directs the Jazz Ensemble.
For more information, call OC’s Department of Music at 425-5530 or go to www.oc.edu/music.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 43037Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15155Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9718Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8776Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8708Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7875Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7675Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena