Allora Herrin named Miss University of Central Oklahoma
A Blanchard native, Allora Herrin, was crowned Miss University of Central Oklahoma. The UCO senior will advance to the Miss Oklahoma pageant.
EDMOND — University of Central Oklahoma senior Allora Herrin, a native of Blanchard, has been crowned Miss University of Central Oklahoma 2013.
She will advance to the Miss Oklahoma pageant.
Herrin competed in smaller pageants when she was young, but this was her first qualifying pageant for Miss Oklahoma.
“Before the pageant, I thought I was going to be a nervous wreck, but I actually was very excited. I think my nerves were settled because all the girls competing were so kind and we had a blast together,” she said.
In addition to the trophy, crown and title, Herrin received a $1,800 tuition waiver scholarship. She received an additional $500 wardrobe allowance and a $700 Children's Miracle Network scholarship.
First runner-up named during the pageant on Saturday was Autumn Circle, a sophomore from Blackwell. Second runner-up was Ashleigh Hamil, a Sand Springs sophomore.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater