H: ° L: °,
Bluegrass festival in Guthrie keeps fans coming back
The 16th annual Oklahoma International Bluegrass Festival went off without a hitch over the weekend in Guthrie. “This music is in me,” said one man at the festival.
GUTHRIE — Dan Short was easily spotted in his front-row seat at the bluegrass festival.
His white hair was noticeable, and his enthusiasm for bluegrass music was as plain as the Santa beard on his face as he tapped his toes and sang along with the musicians.
Short said only a few weeks remain until he starts his gig as Santa at the North Pole City Christmas store just off Interstate 44 in Oklahoma City.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister