High school notebook: Deondre Clark, Stephen Clark making recruiting visits
Deondre Clark will attend OU-Texas on Saturday, and then he and Stephen Clark will both head to Waco to watch Baylor play TCU.
Douglass brothers Stephen and Deondre Clark will team up for a day full of recruiting trips on Saturday.
Deondre, a highly recruited 6-foot-3, 235-pound junior defensive end, will begin the day with the Oklahoma-Texas game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas along with several other Sooners recruits.
Photoview all 27 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
OU was one of the first programs to offer Deondre Clark, whose offer list has reached double-digits now, including Oklahoma State, LSU, Missouri and Texas Tech.
Stephen and Deondre will both head to Waco, Texas, to visit Baylor for its football game against TCU at 6 p.m.
Deondre Clark doesn't have a Baylor offer yet, but could be closing in on one.
“It's gonna be a fun day,” Deondre said. “I'm looking forward to the OU-Texas game. I've never been in an atmosphere like that.”
The Baylor trip is the second of four scheduled official visits for Stephen Clark, a 5-foot-11, 175-pound point guard who is the state's top senior basketball prospect.
Stephen Clark visited UCLA last weekend, and will make trips to OSU and Florida State later this month. He also attended OSU's game against Texas on Sept. 29. He plans to make a college decision in time to sign during the November signing period.
Southmoore raises $6K for Win-Win Week
While many schools held their Win-Win Week fundraisers last month, some schools choose to do theirs at different times during the year.
Southmoore is doing its fundraisers this week and at halftime of the SaberCats' Friday game against Norman, the team's captains will present a $6,000 check to Southmoore's principal from the football team.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister